Thursday, July 19, 2007

Getaway Day

Well well well, I return to the blog after a little bit of a hiatus. Seems as though the GMAT got me a little side tracked this week... But I will now resume regular blogging. Speaking of the GMAT, it went rather well, I scored in the 65th percentile. Which isn't great, but I only needed to get in the 50th to get into the MACC prgram at ACU. At least I know what the test is like now, if I want to take it again for business school down the road.

Otherwise its been a typical week here in DFW, working at the old office. The Rangers continue to play well, leaving us to wonder what might have been. MY prediction for the upcoming trade deadline: Lofton gets dealt, Sosa gets cut (hopefully), Otsuka, Gagne and Tex all stay put. I just don't think Daniels will see a deal that is a no-brainer come along for Teixiera.

I'm leaving for Abilene right after work, to pick up my brother and sister from camp tomorrow morning. Should be good fun. But I'm holding back the major announcement, and here it is:

Next week...
I will be joining for one night...
The Fort Worth Police Department. Thats right, I am signing up for a police ride-along next week with the FWPD. I can't wait. This is something I've always wanted to do, but have never followed through on it. Now that I have a couple of weeks to kill, I thought, why not? Hopefully I get to watch a drug bust or a standoff. Even a traffic stop would be fun, I think.

A man among boys spoke about the Iraq situation yesterday. Read it if you've got the time.

6 Days, 5 Hrs till training camp begins.
Until next time...

Gosh I can't wait for Madden:

No comments: