Friday, July 13, 2007

Of Little Green Footballs and Huge Dogs

Well another week is winding down, and I find myself in between projects at the office. Guess that means its time to blog. I'm heading out to Abilene on Saturday, to spend the day there. It should be fun. Last night, me and my brother and his friend went to Dallas and saw the much-hyped Kwik-E-Mart, created in honor of the Simpsons Movie. It was pretty cool, they really went all out on this one. I picked up some Buzz Cola and some Krusty-Os, and of course had myself a Squishie. They had life size Simpsons characters all over the store, and all the workers had on Apu shirts. It was extremely busy, fans kept pouring into the store the whole time we were there. Is it weird that I so easily give in to corporate marketing? I always seem to fall for whatever they offer, hook, line, and sinker.

Well its only July of 2007, and the presidential election coming up is already threatening to whip the American people to death. People think theirs too much coverage now... just wait until next summer. I just hope I don't get burned out on it all, because it really fascinated me. I read in U.S. news that this election is the first in over 30 years that doesn't involve an incumbent or his vice president running for the nomination. That's why this race is so interesting and crazy. I've been thinking about getting involved this year (IE joining a candidate's team), but I shall remain mum for now on who I will support. I just think this next year's election is vital for the future well being of our country.

I added a new website to the links on the left side, it has become a recent favorite of mine. The blog Little Green Footballs has become a daily stop for me as I continue to be interested in the battle against radical Islam worldwide. Check it out if you are into global terrorism issues and such.

Two books I am interested in at the moment:
Born Again, by Charles Colson
and The Cheater's Guide to Baseball, by Derek Zumsteg

This story fascinates me. Meet the Incredible Hulk of the dog world:

No comments: